The Government of Kenya has fully automated the issuance of visas with effect from January 1, 2021. In this regard, all passengers travelling to Kenya from countries that require a visa to enter Kenya shall be required to obtain an e-visa before boarding an aircraft as visas are not issued on arrival.
Visa applications are processed through the new electronic visa processing system evisa www.evisa.go.ke
The following exemptions apply:
- Children 16 years and below ( Note this exemption does not apply to East Africa tourist Visa)
- Persons whose passport is endorsed with a valid Kenyan work permit or re-entry pass
- Holders of Laissez-Passeer issued by the UN, IMF and World Bank while travelling on official business for the organization.
Eligibility: Do you qualify to apply? Click here www.evisa.go.ke
TYPES OF VISAS
- Single Entry Visa
- Multiple Entry Visa
- Courtesy/Diplomatic Visa
- Transit Visa
- East Africa Visa
- Five(5)Year Visa
- Referred Visa
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A VISA
Go to www.evisa.go.ke and click on create eVisa account.
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services.
- Select submit Application
- Select Kenyan Visa
- Select type of visa and read the instructions carefully
- Fill in application form
- Pay using visa card, Master card or other debit cards
- Await approval via email, then download and print eVisa from your eCitizen account
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Visa processing fee are non refundable
- Incomplete applications will be rejected
- The possession of an eVisa is not final authority to enter the Republic of Kenya
- Engaging in any form of employment or business without a requisite permit or pass is an offense
- An eVisa is required prior to entry into the Republic of Kenya
- An eVisa print out must be presented at the port of entry.
- For any questions, contact: email@example.com.